We welcome all breeds, all sizes, all ages,
and all behavioral issues.
What would life be like with a calm dog that was looking to you for direction? What if you could walk your dog on a loose leash, even when passing other dogs? What if your dog remained calm when guests arrived? What if your dog could socialize with other calm, balanced dogs and enjoy it? All of these scenarios can become a reality with the proper training, human education, and follow-through. Let us help you make them a reality!
Review our training options below and book your evaluation today! If you are having difficulty deciding which training option to choose, our trainers will help you with that decision during the evaluation.
If you have questions, please see our FAQ page.
BOARD & TRAIN
Behavioral Basics, Socialization, & In-Home Behavior
Puppy Camp is 4 weeks long and is designed for dogs 3-7 months old. Your puppy will get all of the same Bevill behavioral training and socialization that we’re known for, but we will be more focused on teaching behavioral fundamentals and prevention than we will intervention or behavior modification. Your puppy will learn to be a calm, polite, and content dog. It includes a ~2.5 hour human training session at pick-up – plus a mandatory, in-home follow-up session.
Behavioral Basics, Socialization, In-Home, & Public Behavior
Five weeks of board and train at the BDB facilities that is designed to teach your dog our behavioral basics. If during training we find that more than 5 weeks is needed, we will keep your dog at no additional cost until they are ready. It includes a ~2.5 hour human training session at pick-up – plus a mandatory, in-home follow-up session.
Rehabilitation for Severe Behaviors
There is a difference between reactivity and true aggression or nervousness and severe fear or uncertainty and severe anxiety. If your dog has truly attacked humans or dogs or exhibits severe anxiety or fear, they will need more time and a different approach. There is no hard timeline for rehabilitation. We will keep your dog until he/she is ready. We will take it slow to ensure your dog, our pack dogs, and our staff are safe. Typical rehabilitation is between 6-18 weeks, but can be longer. It includes multiple human training sessions along the way, a ~2.5 hour human training session at pick-up – plus a mandatory, in-home follow-up session.
Our two-hour, private consultations (with Brad, our owner/founder) take place at our Dallas location and are designed to evaluate and address your dog’s behavioral issues hands-on with you. If we view your dog’s issues as more severe than a consultation can address, we will let you know during the consultation and recommend the training program that is right for your dog.
Our two-hour, in-home consultations (with one of our head behaviorists) take place in your home and are designed to educate you on the following: Dog Psych 101, the 5 communication methods, leadership in the animal world, a dog’s love language, leash guidance and mastering the walk, understanding the importance of space, “place”, thresholds, feeding, and crate behavior. If we view your dog’s issues as more severe than a consultation can address, we will let you know during the consultation and recommend the training program that is right for your dog.
Our 1.5 hour, virtual consultations (with Brad, our owner/founder) take place via Zoom or FaceTime and are designed to evaluate and address your dog’s behavioral issues hands-on with you. If we view your dog’s issues as more severe than a virtual consultation can address, we will let you know during the consultation and recommend the training program that is right for your dog.
Our 4 day in-home intervention program is typically for our out-of-town clients that need more than a Virtual Consultation can provide. Brad will fly to you and spend 4 long, intensive days with the human(s) and the dog(s). Much of the day Brad works one-on-one with the dog(s) and then finishes the day with human education, demonstration, and hands-on exercises for the owners. The humans are given reading materials and homework each day. Cost is $2,795 plus flight, rental car, and hotel. Contact us to learn more.
BEFORE YOU BOOK TRAINING
- Please read our FAQ thoroughly before booking.
- Fill out your Client and Dog Profiles in detail to give us the best chance to find the right solution for you and your dog!
- For the safety of your dog and all dogs in our care, a behavioral evaluation is needed for any dog entering a Board & Train program, boarding, or daycare. Evaluations take place at our Dallas location. There is a $100 evaluation fee.
- Dogs must be 6 months or older, spayed/neutered, and up-to-date on vaccines in order to attend a Board & Train program. If your dog doesn’t meet those requirements and you are interested in Private Training, please indicate that when creating your profile.
- The entire BDB team will work with your dog at different stages of its stay. In an effort to expose the dogs to different environments, experiences, energies, and handlers, it is common for us to train them at the Dallas, Fort Worth, and Rockwall locations during their stay.
- All Board & Train drop-offs occur on Mondays between 7:00 – 8:30am and all go-home sessions (~2.5 hours each) occur on Saturdays at 11am. Please book a specific time for drop-off. If you need an earlier drop-off or later pick-up time, the standard boarding fee will apply per night.
- Bring your dog’s food portioned out by meal (two per day) in Ziploc bags placed inside a bag or sack that has your dog’s name written on the outside. We feed twice daily.
- When you arrive, please stay in or next to your car. If you are on time, a BDB employee should be outside waiting on you. If there is not someone outside waiting on you, simply text our business line (972-850-6149) to let us know that you have arrived and we will be out shortly.
- Please have a slip lead or flat collar and leash on your dog for drop-off and pick-up.
- No harnesses, prong collars, or chain collars will be kept on dogs during their stay at BDB.
- We will provide bedding and toys as needed for your dog.
- We will administer medications if needed.
- Please do not send toys, blankets, beds, bowls, treats, spoons, scoops, or anything else. We will provide everything needed other than food and medications.